Our Boat is a custom designed 10.0m vessel operating across the protected waterways of Moreton Bay near Brisbane, Australia.support of the journey of discovery.
She is primarily engaged in citizen science related activities in the south of Moreton Bay however she can also be made available for recreational and commercial hire to all competent operators between Caloundra to the north and Gold Coast to the south.
Her ease of operation, her open design, her shallow draught and her good buoyancy allow her to operate in areas not normally accessible to traditional vessels. She is particularly well suited to general boating activities in support of research, survey and light commercial work however she can also be used for private day trips, as a mother ship for smaller personal watercraft, fishing and overnight operations in support of shore based activities such as camping and field deployments.
Her rugged fitout includes:
- near full length hard top protection from the sun, wind and rain
- full walk-around decks
- safe access via a boarding platform, transom gate and bow gate with beach step
- seating for 12 persons
- an eight person dinette
- a centrally located galley
- easy to clean work surfaces
- secure storage racks/compartments
- a private change room with a marine toilet and a portable hot water shower
- 700watts of combined engine/solar power with 200Ah (nominal) 12vdc storage
- up to 1000lts of fresh water supply
- LED lighting throughout
- a self-launching, high holding power mud/sand anchor with electric deck winch
- USB charge ports and a Bluetooth audio system to help pass the time between destinations
It should go without saying, but for those who need to know, she is fitted with all mandatory safety equipment and she is covered by current certificates of survey and operation for recreational/leisure use (4D) and commercial operation with up to 12 passengers and two crew (2D).
With a design speed of just 10kts, her four stroke outboard engine provides more than enough power to operate safely and efficiently for long periods of time at low speed even when fully loaded. Although she is not intended for high speed operations she can dash to 14kts and up to 20kts in favorable conditions when she is in light ship configuration. With an integrated 400ltr fuel tank she can cruise for 24hours at her design speed or dash for up to 8hours at max speed.